[CentOS-docs] Wiki content policy?

Mon Mar 24 16:54:48 UTC 2008
Ned Slider <nedslider at f2s.com>

Hi List,

I have a general question about the CentOS Wiki policy that's probably
best addressed here.

Akemi and I were recently discussing (read Akemi was twisting my arm!!)
the possibility of doing a Wiki article on SSL (what are SSL
certificates, certificate generation, becoming your own CA, CA-signed vs
self-signed etc), but I'm wondering on the merits of such an article for
the CentOS Wiki.

There are already good examples of general articles elsewhere and it's
not necessarily a subject that is specific to CentOS.

So, my question - should the CentOS Wiki specifically be for articles
directly relating to CentOS, or should it be a general repository for
good articles/information for CentOS users/community? Where a topic is
generic (not distro specific), is inclusion on the Wiki warranted?

Personally, I'd like to see any/all well presented and useful
documentation on the Wiki, but that's just my personal opinion and I can
understand if others deem it a place best kept to CentOS specific content.

The other issue (if the Wiki were kept CentOS specific) is where to draw
the line. Take my own Howtos/articles on securing SSH and IPTables -
both are essentially generic content applicable to all distros that
contain very little that is specific to CentOS.

Interested to hear others thoughts :)

Regards,

Ned