[CentOS-docs] Reorganising general CentOS FAQ

Dag Wieers

dag at centos.org
Mon Mar 24 20:52:53 UTC 2008

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
>>  - General questions about the CentOS project
>>  - General questions about CentOS releases and updates
>>  - General questions about CentOS additional packages and features
>
> Might be a good idea to perhaps check the mail lists and work out what
> questions get asked the most there, and then on the forums and general centos
> searches on google.

Right, I was planning to add the stuff that people asked me the most at
events. Mostly related to: Are you a company ? What if CentOS stops doing
it ? What if Red Hat stops releasing SRPMs ?

But also: How can I join the project ? What can we do to help CentOS ?

Additionally I would like to add some of the content of the slides, like
what CentOS does apart from rebuilding the RPMS, how we are not competing
with Red Hat, what we add for RHEL users, when one should not use CentOS
but RHEL instead, etc...

All tha kind of stuff.