[CentOS-docs] Postfix + CyrusImapd + SALS

Thu Mar 20 18:44:46 UTC 2008
Ned Slider <nedslider at f2s.com>

Hi Alain,

LOL, great timing!

As we speak I am working on a guide for SASL with ssl/tls but using
dovecot's SASL implementation rather than Cyrus SASL as I used dovecot
for imap/pop3 in my original postfix guide rather than Cyrusimapd. See
here:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix_sasl

At the moment I'm just trying to figure out generating certs for ssl/tls
as this aspect is all a bit new to me.

Anyway, two different approaches to crack the same nut. So how best to
proceed?

Obviously we don't want to duplicate each other's efforts. Maybe there
is scope for both as they use very different implementations. Your guide
also covers quotas and virtual domains which is something I have yet to
cover in any of my guides (although virtual domains was on my list of
things to do).

Anyway, I'm easy and open to suggestions on how best to proceed to the
best benefit of the Wiki and community :)

Regards,

Ned