[CentOS-docs] Diskless Clients

John jses27 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 19:12:46 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 16:37 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> cobbler 0.8.x is now in the testing repos, pending feedback it will move
> to the .centos.org repo's ( should not be more than a few weeks )
>
> - KB
Karan and Matt,

Todays feedback for cobbler. On a fresh OS install all updates were done
first. Don yum install cobbler from testing and I get a makefile
problem. Here's the error...

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/lib/python2.4/config/Makefile from install of
python-devel-2.4.3-19.el5 conflicts with file from package
python-2.4.3-19.el5

I wonder why this would be? And if anyone else is seeing the same issue.
Alternatively I could do rpm -i --force the install.

 rpm -q python-devel
package python-devel is not installed

 rpm -q python
python-2.4.3-19.el5