[CentOS-docs] CentOS wiki section for job postings?

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Fri May 2 14:17:17 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> But yes, I'd be all in favour for a CentOS-jobs list - which has to be
>> linked to from some prominent places. Too bad that pipermail doesn't
>> offer any rss feeds from mail list archives ...
>
> a -jobs list sounds good to me, do you want to bring this up on the
> centos-devel list and we can take it from there ( since we dont actually
> have an admin list, i guess the -devel list is the best place for this sort
> of a thing )

No problem with that.

> Also, are there any general guidelines for jobs lists ? should they be only
> moderated ? should they be open lists ?

I only know that from usenet: You have a moderated jobs group for
job-openings and/or job-requests (do we want that? I don't think so) -
and an unmoderated discussion list for those offerings. But I don't
think we want that either, as that often can lead to nice flame wars
about job offerings.

But if there is to be a list for offers, it should be moderated -
if only to check offers for sanity. This has two advantages: Weed out
jobs which don't meet "standards" (Is it a CentOS related offer? Is it
some "work from home" snowball scheme?) and people who want to offer
jobs do not have to subscribe to the mailing list.

We have to set those standards before opening such a list - that
probably should be done on -devel, as it clearly has nothing to do with
documentation >:)

Cheers,

Ralph