[CentOS-docs] Opening of the Wiki - Part I

Mon May 19 14:59:47 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 5:01 AM, Daniel de Kok <me at danieldk.org> wrote:

> I know that you are not proposing to have visible names, but I think
> the same thing applies to "ownership" that is shown when a page is
> edited. Other than that, page subscriptions should do the job fine?
>
> And why can't the editors be responsible for all of the Wiki? I think
> it is better if abuse is fixed by the first person who spots it,
> rather than a special moderator.
>
> I can't really see what purpose this proposal serves ;).

Because I did not do a good job of asking my question using correct
words :-D  English is not my native language (excuses, excuses).

First of all, I am not talking about things like spam and abuse.  As I
mentioned in my reply to Ralph's question, the editorial team must
take care of these problems.  In other words, everyone monitors every
page.

My question is concerned with the *contents* of wiki articles.
Suppose the original author or the current "maintainer" says, "I want
to keep this page under good control by limiting edit rights to
designated people", how would we respond?  We can say, "Sorry, you are
against the goal of the Wiki.  You cannot do that".  Or, we can assign
him/her as the "moderator" of that page and let him be the primary
contact (internal only, the name not visible to general readers).

Hope I described my question/point better this time. :-)

Akemi