[CentOS-docs] Re: Opening of the Wiki - Part I

Tue May 20 14:12:06 UTC 2008
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

Ralph Angenendt wrote:

>> I think that if you require a real user (no anonymous) with a captcha
>> and an email cookie, you'll block out almost 100% of the spam.
>
> My favourite still is: Create a user, send us a mail (in which you have
> to agree to putting your content under the CC license anyway) and then
> one of the editorial team puts your accountname into the EditGroup.

That should block the vast majority of spam, shouldn't it?

The one thing it maybe doesn't address it *comment* spam, but I see that
as far less disruptive than spam pages or spam entered into existing
pages. I'm trying to get a feel for the overall level of work that we
may be committing ourselves to.