[CentOS-docs] Test-driving RHEL Betas

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Nov 3 19:59:00 UTC 2008

Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Good Evening (Dag and Karan),
>
> I have noticed the slight changes on the Download Page which is now
> linking to the RHEL Betas and want to take the discussion to the ML
> instead of the Wiki.
>
> I would personally prefer to link to the RHEL Betas from a (not yet
> created) Test-driving RHEL SIG page instead of the CentOS download
> page. This should be meant to promote project related downloads
> (resources provided by CentOS) only.

I dont understand the fascination with the RHEL beta's at all. They
clearly dont want it in the open space, so why are we pushing for that ?

Has anyone spoken to the people at Redhat ? What have they said ? When
are we going to see the public images ? Rather than going ahead and
placing stuff like that on the website, there should at the very least
be a discussion about this. Ironic that Dag would comment on this issue
asking for a discussion when he asked the question earlier and never
bothered replying to comments that people made to his question.

I can see that Dag has reinstated the portion that I removed earlier
today. Dag perhaps you missed my comment to your question ? or you
rather wish  to ignore it at the time w.r.t what we could / should do
with the RHEL betas ?

Regards,

- KB