[CentOS-docs] What's an Enterprise class OS

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Sat Nov 8 14:45:11 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 09:29 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 12:59:02PM +0000, Ned Slider wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > One of the concepts we see arise on the forums time and time again
> > that's poorly understood is the concept of an Enterprise Class OS and
> > everything that involves. I think it would be of benefit to have a one
> > stop page to point users to that explains the concepts and provides the
> > information required. Much of this content already exists on the Wiki
> > but it is scattered over many individual pages and new users often don't
> > find it (new users often don't search at all!)

IMO, the FAQ, http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/ is the proper
place for this sort of information. Regardless of whether the
questioners search or not, a frequently asked questiuon belongs there.

Maybe the CentOS page needs to highlight the FAQ more by moving it out
from under the "Information" drop-down and putting it as a big splash
right there on the home page?
<snip>

--
Bill