[CentOS-docs] What's an Enterprise class OS

John jses27 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 17:01:44 UTC 2008

Akeni Writes:

""And the article/subject Ned is proposing is indeed worth writing.
With so many people switching from Fedora and other distros, we have
been having so many occasions in which we should explain what an
enterprise class OS (thus CentOS) is about.""

JohnStanley Writes:

Hmm. Well with the End of Life for Windows XP users except for certain OEM
harware builders. The demise of Win XP is around the corner. June 30 [1].
Just like Fedora there will be many people looking around for another OS. I
kinda feel like there should be some sort of migration path from Windows to
CentOS also and  application migration from Windows. I think if you look
back into the list you will see I've said this before.

Comments?

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/default.mspx