[CentOS-docs] HowTo activate LVs after reboot automatically

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 15:06:17 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Alain Reguera Delgado
<al at ciget.cienfuegos.cu> wrote:

>> What to do if after reboot, your LVs get inactive ?
>>
>> Maybe add the following to /etc/rc.local :

...snip...

> Grrr ... the previous message script has some typos. Excuse me about
> that. I think they are fixed now.

The standaard boot scripts should activate all LVM volume groups and
logical volumes at boot. And the automatic mounting should be done
using /etc/fstab. If this does not happen this is a bug and it should
be investigated.

Are you experiences this problem yourself ?

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)