[CentOS-docs] CentOS on the Aspire One

Sat Nov 1 02:01:55 UTC 2008
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

The Aspire One is one of those netbooks that have become so popular
recently.  I've installed CentOS on the hard drive model, and have been
considering doing a wiki article about it, and probably will unless
there are strenuous objections.

The objections might come from the fact that outside drivers are
required for wireless, webcam, sound, and even wired ethernet.

I have an article on my own pages, with a CentOS section at
http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/aspireone160GB.html

Note that I used Alan's kmods--I also tested Wolfy's dkms rpms for the
wired ethernet and they also worked.  I went with Alan's in this case
because kmods are usually a bit less work and they were the ones I was
using when I wrote the article.

Thanks for any feedback.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Okay, well, how long before you un-crypt it?
Willow: Hours. Days maybe. Anyone suggesting months would not
be accused of crazy talk.