[CentOS-docs] CentOS on the Aspire One

Scott Robbins

scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Nov 1 14:44:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 12:07:29PM +0000, Ned Slider wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:

>> The objections might come from the fact that outside drivers are
>> required for wireless, webcam, sound, and even wired ethernet.
>>

> I think if it's clearly stated that hardware isn't supported out of the
> box and you show how to get that hardware working in a way that's
> consistent with the distro packaging (ie, using a kmod package), then I
> don't see much ground for objection.

Both wireless and webcam aren't using kmods.  However, it is the same
technique used to get the Acer 4720z working, and I already have an
article on that up there, so I will go ahead.

I'm not sure when though.  Time is a bit scarce right now.

Thank you.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with dead boy on this one.
Angel: Could you not call me that?