[CentOS-docs] Opening of the wiki Part III(?) ...

Marcus Moeller

mm at gcug.de
Mon Nov 3 18:41:51 UTC 2008

Good Evening.

> Courtesy and to have something within the centos space to point to.
> Plus: Finding the manuals on upstream *all in one place* (like
> clustermanagement, virtualization and so on) isn't that easy.

I personally welcome that the docs are mirrored on CentOS.org. Maybe
we could spend some more time to de-brand them completly.

>> One more thing - I'm wondering about the continued use of the "prominent
>> North American Enterprise Linux vendor" phrase that appears on the
>> website. Presumably this dates back to a time when Red Hat was less
>> receptive to CentOS but that has changed now? Is this something that
>> could/should be dropped now relations are friendlier?

You may want to take a look at the Trademark Guidelines, Ch.A. Use of
the Brand ...

"The only way to obtain permissions to use the RH's trademark is by
entering into a written license agreement with RH Inc. ... Absolutely
no exeptions."

But maybe we could just ask for it.

Best Regards
Marcus