[CentOS-docs] Opening of the wiki Part III(?) ...

Mon Oct 6 11:22:51 UTC 2008
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

... which will hopefully be the last part.

Sorry that it took that long, but I didn't have too much time on my
hands over the last two months or so.

This is what should be the last stages of opening up the wiki:

a) I have changed the account creation page:
   <http://wiki-m.centos.org/UserPreferences>. Please view that page
   while logged out of wiki-m.

b) While doing so I have changed the Guidelines page for the wiki.
   Please review that page and add to the "Guidelines concerning Wiki
   content" part:
   <http://wiki-m.centos.org/HowToContribute/EditingCentOSWiki>

c) So there will be an alias "wikiteam AT centos.org" to which
   submissions for new accounts will go to. The people on the editorial
   team for the wiki will get mails for that alias, so they can add the
   person requiring access to EditGroup.

d) Which means that more people will be allowed to edit
   <http://wiki.centos.org/EditGroup> - all the people on the editorial
   team will be able to.

e) All people which already have access to some pages or subpages of the
   wiki will be moved into the general EditGroup so they can edit
   anywhere on the wiki (which means that people have to take more care
   about what they edit where). I think we might want to take the front
   page out of the pages people can edit.

So please: Add to the Contribution page (if possible on wiki-m or just
point out stuff I have forgotten in this thread).

And even more important: Who wanted to be on the Editorial Team? Being
on it means that you are supposed to subscribe to *all* pages on the
wiki (meaning that you'll get a changelog diff for all changed pages via
mail). And it means that you should at least skim through those diffs to
see if there is a violation of the wiki guidelines (or if some spammer
still does his spamruns manually). So please raise your hands *NOW*.

Anything else I missed?

Cheers,

Ralph