[CentOS-docs] Opening of the wiki Part III(?) ...

Mon Oct 6 11:36:22 UTC 2008
Tim Verhoeven <tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com>

n Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:

> a) I have changed the account creation page:
>   <http://wiki-m.centos.org/UserPreferences>. Please view that page
>   while logged out of wiki-m.

Looks good.

> b) While doing so I have changed the Guidelines page for the wiki.
>   Please review that page and add to the "Guidelines concerning Wiki
>   content" part:
>   <http://wiki-m.centos.org/HowToContribute/EditingCentOSWiki>

I went over it and don't have anything to add at the moment, but I
will do so when I think of something.

> c) So there will be an alias "wikiteam AT centos.org" to which
>   submissions for new accounts will go to. The people on the editorial
>   team for the wiki will get mails for that alias, so they can add the
>   person requiring access to EditGroup.
>
> d) Which means that more people will be allowed to edit
>   <http://wiki.centos.org/EditGroup> - all the people on the editorial
>   team will be able to.
>
> e) All people which already have access to some pages or subpages of the
>   wiki will be moved into the general EditGroup so they can edit
>   anywhere on the wiki (which means that people have to take more care
>   about what they edit where). I think we might want to take the front
>   page out of the pages people can edit.

Sounds like a very good idea to remove the Frontpage from the general
EditGroup. Are there maybe any other pages we should remove from
general editing ?

> So please: Add to the Contribution page (if possible on wiki-m or just
> point out stuff I have forgotten in this thread).
>
> And even more important: Who wanted to be on the Editorial Team? Being
> on it means that you are supposed to subscribe to *all* pages on the
> wiki (meaning that you'll get a changelog diff for all changed pages via
> mail). And it means that you should at least skim through those diffs to
> see if there is a violation of the wiki guidelines (or if some spammer
> still does his spamruns manually). So please raise your hands *NOW*.

Hand raised. (P.S. I'm using this regex ".*" for the list of subscribed pages).

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)