[CentOS-docs] Encrypting tmp swap and home

Fri Oct 17 10:34:34 UTC 2008
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

Chris * wrote:

> I had submitted a document to this list a few weeks back that gave
> instructions for whole disk encryption which would cover /tmp /home
> /swap and everything other than /boot.  I did not ask for space in the
> wiki because i thought it was waiting for "peer review" for accuracy.
> That entire thread seemed to simply die so I haven't pursued the wiki
> any further.  I already have this document in a wiki format at work
> and would be happy to submit it to the CentOS wiki should it pass
> muster.  The contents of my last post are:

Ooops, that must have slipped by me, sorry. Got a wiki account?

> Whole (Most) Disk Encryption on CentOS 5

Good. I'm going to move the TipsAndTricks "EnctyptedFileSystem" to the
HowTo section also, and we can create that page too.

Cheers,

Ralph