[CentOS-docs] Re: How-To: Intel Mac Mini

Fri Oct 24 05:08:53 UTC 2008
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

Kelsey Hightower wrote:
> I was thinking of writing a how-to for install CentOS 5 on an intel mac
> mini. I followed the steps by sending an email to the list stating this.
> I was then told to contact you. I think there are enough differences
> with the mini install that deserves its own How-To. What do you think?
>

> Looks like there is a different wireless card, video card, and no issues
> with the mouse or keyboard.  Also compiz works out of the box, but not
> the mighty mouse.
>

> Here is the hardware I plan to cover:
>
> 1.83 Ghz Core 2 Duo
> 4 Gig Ram
> 320 Gig Hard Drive
> DVD/CDRW
> Intel 950
>
> Apple USB Keyboard
> Apple Bluetooth Mighty Mouse.
>
> 20" Apple Cinema Display (DVI)

Please continue the thread on the centos-doc list so that everybody can
follow/read/interact.
It's of course a good idea to create a dedicated page for the mac mini.
What's your wiki NickName ?
Ralph : can you give him access to that page ?
We'll have maybe to create a dedicated Apple/Mac section and then move
my MacTel page to that section and rename it imac. Ralph is the boss on
the wiki ;-)

--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>