[CentOS-docs] policy w.r.t Testing repo details on wiki articles

R P Herrold

herrold at owlriver.com
Sat Sep 13 21:53:13 UTC 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Do we have a policy w.r.t adding details about packages in
> the testing repo on the wiki ?

(sad but true mode answer) add a <!> and tell them in a red box:
 	1.  chime in as to results
 	2.  do not rely on systematic security AT ALL on these
 		archives.
 	3.  add an outline to the page mentioend in a moment.

> Imho that is wrong and encourages the sort of behavior that
> we want to stop - people using the testing repo without
> feedback and casual users moving to the testing repo.

> I think the important thing to keep in mind is - packages in
> the testing repo are NOT maintained, and even if they have
> security issues or bugs, little or no effort would be made
> to fix or patch those.

well stated.  Should be in every Release Note as well

 	4.  add a master wiki page to this effect?

-- Russ herrold