[CentOS-docs] policy w.r.t Testing repo details on wiki articles

Ralph Angenendt

ra+centos at br-online.de
Tue Sep 16 09:13:53 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> The problem here is that the testing repo should *not* be mentioned in
> the wiki pages at all. I would even venture out to say a search / purge
> should be carried out to remove that.
>
> I do plan on doing a rm -rf in the testing repo in the next few weeks,
> so most of that content in the wiki would be redundant anyway if it
> refers to specifics from the testing repo.
>
> Ralph, is that ok with you ?

We have content in there which needs to go somewhere else before that
(like the directory server or openjdk-1.6). Tim: Have you finished
moving^W^W^Wany idea where one could put that? Otherwise I'm behind that
idea.

*Or* we need to redefine the testing.repo.

> Suggestions / recommendations are welcome, as always. Eg. what might be
> a better way to get some exposure to the testing repo in the wiki
> without putting it in front of users-at-large.

I don't really think you can. Either we need to test stuff within qa,
which will not work because of the varietey of stuff in testing (there
are packages in testing I cannot even remotely test because I haven't
the faintest idea what they are), or we need to set up "personal" repos
for testing, for example a centos-dirserv.repo, so that people who are
interested can test stuff like that *before* it goes into
centosplus/extras. But you need large exposure (possibly from within the
community of a certain application) for testing packages.

Cheers,

Ralph