[CentOS-docs] CentOS wiki/web changes

Marcus Moeller

mm at gcug.de
Wed Sep 17 13:33:16 UTC 2008

>> If you want me to say we should replace the Website by the Wiki, I will :)

I agree on that. There is nearly nothing that couldn't be done in the
wiki (but the forums and the mirrorlist). Even the news could be part
of the wiki if they are maintained regulary and styled in some kind of
way.

Other components like Trac and Mantis have alredy been ported to the
wiki style for a common look and feel. It would also be much easier to
add language specifc sites on a wiki base as the infrastructure
already exists there. We just have to add a user friendly language
switcher.

In my pov it would be the best to choose a customizable forum software
(punbb is actually used on fr.centos.org, phpBB could be an option,
too) and make use of the wiki for all of the rest.

Best Regards
Marcus