[CentOS-docs] CentOS on the Asus Eeepc ...

Mon Sep 8 18:47:18 UTC 2008
Mats Karlsson <mats.o.karlsson at gmail.com>

Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> We talked earlier on IRC about the Asus Eeepc
> I think the idea was to start a wiki page with at least informations
> regarding the Eeepc.
> So here it is : http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Asus/Eeepc (not
> linked from the CentOS on Laptops wiki page yet though , still a draft
> ;-) )
>
> I had to modify the installer initrd.img to include the atl2.ko module
> for the wired nic to install from my local mirror .. where do i store
> it ? on the wiki page itself, as an attachment ? a simple link to a
> tmp space on my website ?
>
> I'm now wondering what's the best way to include the atl2.ko module
> during setup : a rpm that will be fetched from centos extras (?) or a
> simple driverdisk ?
>
> Ideas & comments welcome ...
A small correction:
The product name is : Eee PC 900 (ref.:
http://asus.com/products.aspx?l1=24&l2=164&l3=0&l4=0&model=2152&modelmenu=1)

and "CentOS 5.2 i386 setup on the eeepc"
Do you have plans to cover how to install via SD/USB devices?

Give me a hint if you want any help with the page.

/Mats