[CentOS-docs] proposed changes option

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Sat Apr 4 20:47:01 UTC 2009

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> > Yes. Which one is the leading account? Trac? Wiki? Website?
>
> Well, I would chose the source where there are more accounts and user
> information. Based on that we could break those records into appropriate
> LDAP attributes.

That would be xoops at the moment. But the bug database also has loads of accounts. I'm just wondering aloud how something like this can be solved.

> For example, and because is what I've seen by now, if the accounts
> source chosen would be Xoops.users we could use the the name field to
> build a wiki name that could be stored into another LDAP uid attribute.
> Then point somehow MoinMoin to match that.

And lose all information about who wrote and changed which article when - or
even worse give edit rights to someone else. This has to be thought through,
and we're not talking about a few users in case of xoops and bugs.

Ralph