[CentOS-docs] New HowTo on Local Mirrors

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Apr 6 02:48:22 UTC 2009

Phil Schaffner wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 12:48 -0400, JohnS wrote:
>> There is already a How To on this on the Wiki!
>>
>> JohnStanley
>
> Don't think so (unless I'm really missing something - possible - please
> provide a link. :-)
>
> There's a somewhat similar one (that I also wrote) on creating local
> repos for your own packages.  Perhaps I should have modified that one
> rather than starting fresh, but the target was different.
>
> Phil

It's definitely different target.

-=-
I already implement something similar myself - though I just use http
rather than nfs - but I enjoyed that entry.

Local mirrors not only make updating easier, but they make mock run a
LOT faster when creating packages for a private local repo ...

My private repo keeps getting smaller as more and more stuff is finding
it's way into EPEL - but it's a nice place for me to store commercial
fonts and stuff that can't be in EPEL because it (shame on me) updates
vendor packages.

Anyway, these kinds of tutorials are very useful in the wiki, I'm glad
people are contributing them.