[CentOS-docs] Authorship and Attribution

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Apr 16 22:53:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:21:16PM +0100, Ned Slider wrote:

> Personally, I would think it preferable that communications be openly
> directed to this list rather than the original author/maintainer of a
> given page, although I understand the instinct for a user to contact the
> perceived author.

So, what would you suggeest then?  A link at the beginning of the page,
please send comments, corrections to <insert this, or possibly a
slightly different, list's address>?

As one who has written a few of the articles on the wiki, I would be
fine with that.  For example, on the fora the other day, it was pointed
out that someone had followed my article on KVM and was having a
problem.  I haven't really used KVM in a long time, and was unaware of
this.  When I saw the thread, I checked, found they were right, and
edited the article a bit.  Since then, someone else found another issue
that seems to have changed since the article was written.

Now, if they posted to the list, there's a good chance that someone
currently using KVM might say, Aha, of course, and fix these issues on
that article.

With my Aspire One article it's the same thing--I don't use that machine
anymore, so any changes that did or didn't occur with CentOS 5.3 won't
get mentioned unless someone posts on the forums or communicates
elsewhere--such as this list.

So, Ned's idea is one possibility.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: I gotta stop him before he unleashes unholy havoc and
it's just another Tuesday night in Sunnydale.