[CentOS-docs] Wish to contribute a Winki Article

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Apr 18 03:21:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 03:12:44PM -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Mr dave fernandes
> <daveandtracy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> > --- On Fri, 4/17/09, Alan Bartlett <ajb.stxsl at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Again, this is easily solved.
> >
> > Dave -- please bottom post only and trim the message that you are
> > responding / replying to. Do you see how I have done it above?
> >
> > (I don't want to appear as a grump but it is in the m/l rules . . . )
> >
> > -- Not a problem.  Trying to do that now!
> >
> > Alan.
>
> I'm afraid it is not working :-(

Unfortunately, he's using the yahoo web mangler--errm mailer, and it is
absolutely horrible that way.

About the only thing you can do is manually insert

he said
blah blah

she said
blah blah

they said

more blahs.

If at all possible, use another mailer.  If not possible, then at least,
please post inline.  That is, answer point A below point A, point B,
below point B, like a conversation.

Bottom posting, without trimming, can be as bad as top posting.

In my humble opinion,  this article gives a good illustration of the
difference between good and bad posting style.   It's written by a
friend who runs a few yahoo mailing lists.

http://howto-pages.org/posting_style/

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Are you crazy? You just don't sneak up on people in a
graveyard. You make noise when you walk, you stomp, or... yodel.