[CentOS-docs] Authorship and Attribution

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Sat Apr 18 04:33:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Alan Bartlett wrote:

>> > Ok now that conversation is taking place about it, it is time to decide
>> > what is exactly needs to be added. Like within 30 days. I'm not being
>> > demanding. Just realistic.
>> >
>> > JohnStanley

>> +1
>>
>>  Let's not just let this fade into the sunset like the last couple of
>>  similar discussions.
>>
>>  Phil

> At present, Ralph is not around. He should be present and take part in
> this discussion. Does anyone know of his whereabouts and / or when he
> will be back?
>
> Perhaps Russ could please comment, re: Range?

Alan, Phil, John

Please step away from the keyboard this weekend.  Work on a
stamp collection. exercise, talk without a TV or computer on
with members of family or friends.

This is NOT Fedora and snap decision land.  This is CentOS,
where our goal is a API upstream literal, trademark elided
enterprise ready and enterprise lifespan product, with a
differing approach on the updater.  We do NOT have a place in
our core mission for pushing the bleeding edge.

I have no public knowledge as to Range's present whereabouts
and personal circumstance, and if I had such, would not
discuss them on a publicly archived mailing list.  I would
consider that to be a violation of his personal privacy.  To
the extent that he has chosen to update a limited access
tracking mechanism which parts of the CentOS core team use, I
would in no event discuss it.

Not all questions need an immediate answer; artificial
deadlines will not find a friend in me.  I tried to say that
gently earlier today as to my approach in discussing my email
clearing goals.  I saw the negative results of 'snap' IRC and
overnight decisions with the old fedora.us -- I will not be a
part of repeating that error.  It does not hurt my feelings a
bit to take a week, or a month, or a year to get to a
correct answer, rather than to rush to error.

-- Russ herrold