[CentOS-docs] Authorship and Attribution

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sat Apr 18 12:38:43 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 00:50 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
> >> herrold:
> >> Please step away from the keyboard this weekend.  Work on a
> >> stamp collection. exercise, talk without a TV or computer on
> >> with members of family or friends.
>
> > NO, no, no, Russ, please stop giving bad advice.
> >
> > Alan, Phil, John, don't listen to him.
>
> yeah -- I suppose I am a troublemaker.

Russ,

Agree with your basic sentiment that things do not need to be rushed,
but the number of people who have jumped into this thread reinforce my
belief in the need to do something.  Does not have to be this weekend,
or even this month, and should be done with all possible deliberation
and concurrence of (at least) key people; however, it should not just be
dropped. There have been a lot of good suggestions floated - very much
like the evolution of an OSS project or Wiki article, and I expect there
is middle ground to be found.

Off to deal with kids and the yard! :-)

[Don't worry Akemi - will find time to show up on a forum or 3 and do
some LiveCD-5.3 testing later. -:D ]

Regards,
Phil