[CentOS-docs] proposed changes option

Marcus Moeller

mail at marcus-moeller.de
Fri Apr 3 17:50:31 UTC 2009

Good Evening.

>> Comments may be an opportunity, but I think not the best. At least in
>> wikipedia, comments are sometimes used to post suggestions (or spam),
>> but often ignored by the original author.
>>
>> I would prefer to have a direct link on each page to the original
>> author and the last editor (besides the page history) to get in
>> contact with him/her. Also the revision number would make sense for
>> translations, as mentioned some time ago.
>
> I think having comments is better than a link to the original and last
> author mostly because sometimes people want to report some small
> improvement, but if the overhead of doing the report is too big (opening
> an email application, copying the address, entering a subject, write the
> comment) than we may loose out on the feedback.

Sorry, Dag. I don't agree here. Small changes could be communicated
with the Original Author (that's what I am doing, at least and I feel
comfortable with).

General Discussion should go to the list.

If you want to implement a comment system, it has to offer at least a
few capabilities, like:

Allowing users to edit or delete their own comments.

Administrators should be able to review/edit/delete all comments.

> Also a comment system can be moderated by a group of people, while private
> email/messages may get lost.

Then we also need a list of recent comments all over the wiki and the
capability to mail changes to the admin group, too.

Best Regards
Marcus