[CentOS-docs] proposed changes option

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Apr 3 20:03:01 UTC 2009

hi!

Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Comments may be an opportunity, but I think not the best. At least in
> wikipedia, comments are sometimes used to post suggestions (or spam),
> but often ignored by the original author.

The best part about comments is that they have no need to back to the
author at all. The author can made edits to the article based on the
comments and give people credit for their feedback, however comments can
also be a good resource in themselves. Classic case is where there are
many different ways to use a single tool ( eg, the greylisting page )
that people can just have things like other use cases, other deployment
roles, alternative config mechanisms etc  without making the primary
article too confusing and unmanageable.

> I would prefer to have a direct link on each page to the original
> author and the last editor (besides the page history) to get in
> contact with him/her. Also the revision number would make sense for
> translations, as mentioned some time ago.
>
> On top of my personal list is LDAP integration, as we want to push
> website v2 a bit.

yes a common auth module is something to work towards for sure. There
has been some feedback re; website ver2 as well and I'll try and
summarise that over the next few days - get another thread going for it.