[CentOS-docs] New HowTo on Local Mirrors

Phil Schaffner

P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sat Apr 4 22:00:56 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 14:24 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> It is also a one-liner.  For example:
>
> lftp -e 'open http://<some.site>/centos/ && mirror -c --delete  5.3 && exit'
>
> will mirror the whole 5.3 under the remote centos/ directory.

Well Duhhh... as my daughter would say. :-)

My work blocks rsync totally except using ssh login, which most mirrors
don't support.  The problem I have had with lftp is sometimes convincing
it not to re-download perfectly good files if the time-stamp is off, and
at the same time to sync things like repodata that do change.  Lately
I've been keeping the master copy at home and using rsync with ssh to
update the work copy to bypass all that.  Will dig up my old scripts at
work and do an update to cover lftp.

Thanks for the comments.

Regards,
Phil