[CentOS-docs] New HowTo on Local Mirrors

JohnS

jses27 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 05:24:42 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 21:12 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 7:51 PM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Don't think so (unless I'm really missing something - possible - please
> >> provide a link. :-)
> >
> > I was referring to the one liner Akemi posted. Yours is totaly different
> > from that and much better and adaptable to different uses.
>
> Right, I'm the one who added those one-liners to:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/CreatingUpdateMedia
>
> :-P
>
> Akemi
---
Ahh, did not know you were the one that had done that page. I actualy
used it on a cron job and added more lines to it to fetch the all the
4.7 CD isos. Actually I was trying various different methods like rsync
ftp and wget to come up with a way to mirror every thing plus an email
to me to notify me of new rpm's that get pulled into the local repo. I
also wanted to automate fetching a new Point In Release like from 5.2
-5.3 with out my intervention, but not sure if the isos will remain a
common name or just a call to fetch "*.iso".

You see, I thought Alan Bartlett added those. There needs to be I
believe an Original Author Name on the Wiki page no matter who edits it
in the future for respect to him/her and also the CentOS Community. I
for myself like to see who wrote the page to begin with. It is kinda
like a Validation thing no mater what license it is written under and
even if it is Creative Commons It is some to think about.

JohnStanley