[CentOS-docs] Wish to contribute a Winki Article

Phil Schaffner

P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Thu Apr 16 20:12:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 13:01 -0700, Mr dave fernandes wrote:

> I added the section.  It piled errors on me when I added the fancy
> text and headings.  I switched to mono font and it went through.  I'm
> NOT a python expert so I sadly had NO idea what to do.  I wanted to
> get something up there.  Next I added the bolding and other formatting
> changes and it worked fine.  Who knows!  I will check it
> out in a couple of hours when I have more time.  Please give me
> feedback.  I want this to be as helpful as possible.

Dave,

Looks pretty good to me.  A minor point, from
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Wiki/Editing :
Guidelines considering style
      * Avoid the use of the first person singular ("I", "mine" etc.) in
        pages, since it is of little use to the reader, and it looks a
        tad unprofessional. If you have to refer to yourself or someone
        else, refer to his/her Wiki page with contact information (or
        just the full name if that person does not have a page on this
        Wiki).

Might want to take that into account.

I took the liberty of making a couple of cosmetic changes to the format
- Fixed Step 2 to look like steps 1,3,4 and changed your name to your
WikiName - per above guidelines.

Are we ready to make the link from the HowTos page?

Thanks for the contribution!

Phil