[CentOS-docs] Authorship and Attribution

Ralph Angenendt

ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon Apr 20 09:33:42 UTC 2009

JohnS wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 17:11 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>>> Shows up in the Info link on every page.
>>
>> Problem is ... people without edit rights do not see the link.
>
> Whos arm and leg can be twisted to correct that to show it?

Nobody's, I fear. There was a rather longish discussion which resulted
in the decision to not show all the "edit clutter" to people which
aren't logged in. When I looked at how to do that, the only choice
seemed to be to "turn off everything" for those users.

Regarding a policy:

If you write a larger article (HowTos) and want to be attributed, put
your name somewhere in the article. But I don't see any need to enforce
this as a policy.

Cheers,

Ralph