[CentOS-docs] New page on installing to software RAID

Phil Schaffner

Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov
Wed Apr 29 14:53:35 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Perhaps what we need is a complete section in the howto's page that
> talks about storage devices and management of these ( need better phrase ).

That sounds like a good idea, and more general than the
recently-suggested RAID section.  How about "Storage devices, Logical
Volume Management, and RAID"?

> Also, a _lot_ of content on this subject matter including mdraid/real
> raid/lvm/iscsi is covered in the upstream docs, which are also published
> at www.centos.org/docs/ so pointing to relevant sections in those docs
> would be nice.

Getting OT here, but speaking of the upstream docs, 5.3 never made it
there.  I seem to recall some previous mention of the issue but can't
find the post[s] right now.  Is help needed in that area?

Phil