[CentOS-docs] proposed changes option

Fri Apr 3 16:54:19 UTC 2009
Marcus Moeller <mail at marcus-moeller.de>

Good Evening,

> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> I still have a small problem with the comment plugin I have found quite some
>> time ago - you can only have one "comment box" per page. Second problem is
>> that it is open to everyone (well, you need a login, but no Edit Access), so
>> we need many people having an eye on comments to weed out spammers.
>
> Considering most of the content here is from static files, I wonder how
> much work it would be to plugin some other comment system and have the
> content included in the page itself. I'm happy to hack together
> something like this with you if you fancy it?

Comments may be an opportunity, but I think not the best. At least in
wikipedia, comments are sometimes used to post suggestions (or spam),
but often ignored by the original author.

I would prefer to have a direct link on each page to the original
author and the last editor (besides the page history) to get in
contact with him/her. Also the revision number would make sense for
translations, as mentioned some time ago.

On top of my personal list is LDAP integration, as we want to push
website v2 a bit.

But I guess the groundwork has already been done by Ralph for Moin ;)

Best Regards
Marcus