[CentOS-docs] New HowTo on Local Mirrors

Sun Apr 5 21:09:14 UTC 2009
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 21:35 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Phil Schaffner wrote:
> > Created a new HowTo on running your own local mirror:
> > http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalMirror
> >
> > Comments and (constructive :-) criticism are invited.
>
> you could potentially replace most of that article with a 2 line script
> running reposync. Since we ship it, might be worth talking about it.

]# yum install reposync
'Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
 * base: ftp.linux.ncsu.edu
 * updates: centos.mirror.nac.net
 * addons: ftp.osuosl.org
 * extras: centos.promopeddler.com
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
updates                   100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B
00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
00:00
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package reposync available.
Nothing to do
----
Or did you mean your repo? BTW article seems to be nice be I would just
mirror base extras updates and addons and not the dvds

JohnStanley