[CentOS-docs] Translating wiki into Chinese

Thu Apr 16 20:03:03 UTC 2009
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:57 AM, Timothy Lee <timothy.ty.lee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Ralph,
>
> On 04/03/2009 09:31 AM, Timothy Lee wrote:
>>> Do we have anyone here willing to help with that? Because that looks
>>> like a mean feat, when you try do to that alone - no idea how much time
>>> you have on your hands :)
>> I have friends who can review the translation for me.  But I figured
>> that the wiki defaults to English content for un-translated pages, I
>> could take a piecemeal approach.
> I've translated 20 pages to Chinese so far, and have placed them under
> the zh sub-directory under my Wiki homepage (see
> http://wiki.centos.org/TimothyLee/zh).
>
> As I have requested before, is it possible to setup the "zh" page under
> the Wiki frontpage?  I can then continue my translation efforts there,
> without needing to fix page links in the future.
>
> Regards,
> Timothy Lee

That is a *lot* of work.

I'm afraid Ralph is not around at the moment.  You'd have to wait for
him to come back, or ask other CentOS devs.

In the meantime (while waiting), it will be nice if we can find
another pair of eyes that can read Chinese.  When it comes to
translation, 4 (or more) eyes are always better than a single pair...

Akemi