[CentOS-docs] new page? - Virtualization/Install MS Windows XP as a CentOS5/Xen guest

Fri Apr 17 16:52:57 UTC 2009
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 16:49 -0600, Ed Heron wrote:
> I don't see a How To, on this wiki, specifically designed to address the
> task of creating a Microsoft Windows XP virtual machine as a Xen guest under
> CentOS 5.  Many of the concepts are covered in
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/InstallingHVMDomU, but it appears to leave
> some things to the reader.
>
>   I (EdHeron) would be willing to make the attempt at a page to focus on
> this task.  It could be HowTos/Xen/DomU-WinXP-Install.
----
That really sounds interesting.. Are there still problems with Upgrading
Service Packs when running Windows as a Guest? I through out Xen because
of that reason. If problems still exist what's the work around involved
in doing it and is it worth it?

JohnStanley