[CentOS-docs] New article: How to setup x86_64 plugins for Firefox on Centos 5

Tue Apr 28 19:30:01 UTC 2009
Phil Schaffner <P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org>

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 12:11 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Phil Schaffner wrote:
>
> > Flash and Java plugin instructions for 64-bit Firefox.
> >
> > http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/PluginsFor64BitFirefox
> >
> > Comments are solicited.
>
> The 64bit Flash plugin is still the beta from Adobe. I don't know if you
> want to mention that or not. (Even when it is the same version that is
> stable on 32bit)

Good point - neglected to mention that.  Adobe still describes it as
Alpha: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

> I was wondering what the state was of the openjdk plugin. Red Hat is not
> shipping it, but we could build it nevertheless and provide it through
> RPMforge if it is known to work.

All I can say is works-for-me, and nobody else has complained.

Best regards,
Phil