[CentOS-docs] Updated How to Setup a Software RAID on CentOS 5

Wed Apr 29 17:31:27 UTC 2009
Ed Heron <Ed at Heron-ent.com>

From: "Phil Schaffner", Tuesday, April 28, 2009 5:36 PM

>I have attempted to address all comments:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SoftwareRAIDonCentOS5
>
> Give me your best shot! :-D
>
> Phil

  There's always going to be an argument about whether to put /boot and swap
on RAID.  It's all about performance most of the time being slightly better
versus stability in the event of device failure.

  What's the disaster recovery plan here?

  Obviously, if the second drive fails, there's no issue.  Standard removal
and eventual addition of replacement device(s).

  If the first drive fails, are we hoping the computer will boot off the
second drive or are we moving the second drive to the first interface?

  Is it outside the scope of this document to describe and test disaster
recovery?  I think it is.  I'm just making a note to suggest a further
complimentary page at some time in the future...  (though, at this time, I
am NOT volunteering to write it)  Is there a wiki page todo list somewhere?