[CentOS-docs] Request for wiki page Tomcat6 from Red Hat SRPMs

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 14:36:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 09:10, RedShift<redshift at pandora.be> wrote:
> Is it possible to create a wiki page under my user (GlennMatthys)?
>
> Title: Tomcat 6 from Red Hat SRPMs
> Category: Howtos

Tomcat 6 is also available from JPackage.org's JPP 5.0:
http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/jpackage/5.0/generic/free/repodata/repoview/T.group.html

I think it would be good to investigate the possibility of using those
instead of building them yourself. It should be a lot less painful to
do it, it should be less dependent on the current environment (you saw
yourself how having a certain package installed had side effects on
your build) and I think it would also work with the OpenJDK that is
bundled with CentOS 5.3.

I didn't try it myself (and for me it would be difficult to compare it
to the one from RedHat) but I would suggest that you to do that before
writing the Wiki page.

Thanks,
Filipe