[CentOS-docs] [CentOS] Dangerous Software Raid instructions on Wiki

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Aug 18 05:04:27 UTC 2009

Phil Schaffner wrote:
> Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
>
>> Phil Schaffner wrote:

>> Thanks, please also consider changing the title. Nothing about it tells
>> you that the instructions are for first time install only. Perhaps
>> adding instructions for switching to console during install time will
>> reinforce that fact too.
>>

> I'd think the first sentence might give a clue: "This article addresses
> the setting up of a software (mdraid) RAID1 at install time on systems
> without a true hardware RAID* controller."

Yes but if that is all the article is about...might as well reflect it
in the title too. You can setup raid after installation yadi, yada.

>> What can I say? There is a severe lack of competent Linux personnel in
>> Hong Kong so when people like me leave behind Linux systems...
>>

> Sounds like a good job market. :-)

:-D. Created by yours truly when he switches jobs leaving Centos systems
behind. :-P

The list of Linux-related jobs in Hong Kong pitiably small. Too many
PHBs over here with loads of cash (but stingy on pay) and willing to
dish out the stuff for Microcrap. Positions with a bit more pay in Hong
Kong are usually listed in the local English newspaper by SCMP. Ads
usually are also posted on the Net at www.classifiedpost.com. I have
this friend who has been using Linux for the company he works for for
years and then a dumb PHB comes in (boss' son) and tries to get him
fired and everything converted to Microsoft. He even tried to get the
inhouse developed finance system completely replaced by a multi-million
HKD Microsoft-based solution (Navision) which was basically crap and did
not improve on things much (unstable yadi yada). Too bad the crunch came
in before they could completely implemented everything. The best part
was that the guys who were doing the Navision consultation saw my
friend's inhouse stuff and asked him if he was selling it.

I guess that is why there is not much HK Chinese involvement in Centos.
They are too busy keeping their PHBs sane.