[CentOS-docs] document proposal: TipsAndTricks/ApacheVHostDir

Sat Aug 22 20:46:39 UTC 2009
Ed Heron <Ed at Heron-ent.com>

From: "Manuel Wolfshant", Saturday, August 22, 2009 2:00 PM

> While we are at it, let's also add a folder for all existing modules and
> another one for symlinks of active modules, pointing back to the first
> folder.
> And also, let's have all vhosts in a folder, but all active vhosts
> should be symlinks to them, from another folder.
> And why not compile the binary from source, that's how gentoo does it !

  I didn't realize I was inviting sarcasm.  I don't think it is appropriate
in this forum.  I was, apparently unreasonably, expecting calm, thought out
discussion followed by a consensus.

  I was merely suggesting I am not alone in my opinion.  As were you when
you made reference to Fedora method.  Both Fedora and Gentoo are merely
alternate examples of GNU/Linux distributions.  Just because an idea is used
in another distribution, whose basic tenents you don't agree with, doesn't
make the idea useless or valueless or, worse, worthy of scorn.  CentOS has a
philosophy of method.  Apache has a philosophy of method.  I am making a
suggestion that I believe fits with both that would make a more proper
solution than putting the virtual host files in conf.d.