[CentOS-docs] feedback for Amavisd page

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Dec 22 13:47:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 05:34:34AM -0800, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Ralph Angenendt
> <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Am 21.12.09 14:36, schrieb Karanbir Singh:
>
> > Hrmmm. I don't really see why that would fit (and where). But yes, what
> > the guide seems to be missing is a small section on how to remove
> > sendmail and install postfix, as sendmail still is the default MTA on
> > CentOS.
>
> You can just refer to the Postfix article (
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix ) which says:
>
> "First we need to tell our system to use postfix as the MTA rather
> than the default sendmail. To do this, run the system-switch-mail
> command and select postfix as the MTA. This will install the postfix
> service and set it to start automatically at runlevels 3, 4, and 5."

As it's only a few sentences, it should be included in the article,
rather than sending the user to another page.  Always assume the reader
is a busy person.  :)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

 Cordelia: What's going on? Oh god, is the world ending? I have to
research a paper on Bosnia for tomorrow, but if the world's ending,
I'm not gonna bother.