[CentOS-docs] feedback for Amavisd page

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 13:34:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Ralph Angenendt
<ralph.angenendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 21.12.09 14:36, schrieb Karanbir Singh:

> Hrmmm. I don't really see why that would fit (and where). But yes, what
> the guide seems to be missing is a small section on how to remove
> sendmail and install postfix, as sendmail still is the default MTA on
> CentOS.

You can just refer to the Postfix article (
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix ) which says:

"First we need to tell our system to use postfix as the MTA rather
than the default sendmail. To do this, run the system-switch-mail
command and select postfix as the MTA. This will install the postfix
service and set it to start automatically at runlevels 3, 4, and 5."

Akemi