[CentOS-docs] feedback for Amavisd page

Scott Robbins

scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Dec 22 17:06:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 06:27:07AM -0800, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 5:47 AM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> "First we need to tell our system to use postfix as the MTA rather
> >> than the default sendmail. To do this, run the system-switch-mail
> >> command and select postfix as the MTA. This will install the postfix
> >> service and set it to start automatically at runlevels 3, 4, and 5."
> >
> > As it's only a few sentences, it should be included in the article,
> > rather than sending the user to another page.  Always assume the reader
> > is a busy person.  :)
>
> ... and another line (quoted from the Postfix page):
>
> yum install system-switch-mail  system-switch-mail-gnome

Actually, I've always used the alternatives command.  :)

yum -y install postfix
alternatives --config mta

Which brings up a dialog enabling the user to switch.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: On the other hand, maybe Rodney just stepped out
for a smoke.
Xander: For twenty-one hours?
Willow: It's addictive, you know.