[CentOS-docs] Broadcom's BCM4311-, BCM4312-, BCM4321-, and BCM4322-based hardware install manual

Milos Blazevic

milos.blazevic at sbb.rs
Tue Dec 22 22:47:04 UTC 2009

Mathieu Baudier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this looks fine for me, thanks for your efforts!
>
> I don't have the laptop with the Broadcom card here but I'll test your
> procedure point by point in a few days when I'll upgrade the kernel
> there.
>
> Just one remark: I had to deactivate the 'network' service and
> activate the 'NetworkManager' service in order to easily have wireless
> working.
> I also do the them on my other laptop (which thankfully doesn't have a
> Broadcom card :).
> Is there another (simple) way? Or should this be added somewhere as well?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mathieu
I think this is more of a general wireless / laptop question (i.e.
pretty much everyone will recommend that you use NetworkManager on your
laptop instead of 'network' service - due to volatile network settings
expected for laptops.

OK then, I'll take your sillence as an approval of the manual and remove
the DRAFT tag and move it to *Making Wireless work on your laptop (or
desktop)
*So if anyone has any final suggestions or comments I'd be happy to hear
it before this goes official.

Regrads,
Milos

--