[CentOS-docs] Broadcom's BCM4311-, BCM4312-, BCM4321-, and BCM4322-based hardware install manual

Sat Dec 12 15:58:40 UTC 2009
Alan Bartlett <ajb at elrepo.org>

2009/12/12 Gytis Repečka <gytis at repecka.com>:

> actually I've also solved BCM problems on Dell laptop. A complete walkthough I made is posted at http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Dell/Vostro-1400 and I'm almost sure this might work for many BCM chipsets. If anybody checked this on diffrent laptops, maybe a universal tutorial could be posted at http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless.

Perhaps you could collaborate with Milos on such a guide?

> Of course if there's already a RPM package for Broadcom, would be nice to see instructions on Wiki.

That will not happen until such time as Broadcom change their
restrictive license. If (when) that does happen, ELRepo will happily
provide kernel independent, kABI tracking kmod package(s) for the
Broadcom wireless cards.

Alan.