[CentOS-docs] VPNC article

Christoph Maser

cmr at financial.com
Thu Feb 12 16:13:27 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 12.02.2009, 16:44 +0100 schrieb Scott Robbins:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:23:01AM -0500, R P Herrold wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Scott Robbins wrote:
> >
> > > I have put the article on the wiki at
> > > http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/vpnc
> >
> > The article asserts clear packaging permissions  problems
> > exist.  Have these been upstreamed?
>
> By upstream do you mean the source code itself?
>
> The program built from source doesn't have that issue.  On the other
> hand, without trying to read Dag's mind, I simply guessed that it was
> either minor oversight or a small additional securiy layer.  (Assuming
> it is Dag who created the rpm, which is a casual assumption on my part.)
>
> Thanks.

The permissions on the files in dags RPM:

 rpm -qlvp vpnc-0.5.3-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
[...]
-rw-------    1 root    root                      157 Jan 19
16:35 /etc/vpnc/vpnc.conf
-rw-------    1 root    root                    14995 Jan 19
16:35 /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script

I assume 600,root,root is ok for the config file, or do you really need
700 as the article indicates? I will update the permissions of
vpnc-script to be 700

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach